Thursday, April 22, 2010

She get it from her momma!

0 Comments

Momma Earth that is.  It's Earth Day today, and consequently I have been quite reflective concerning the gifts we are given on a daily basis by our mother earth.  Now, if you know me you know that I am certainly not some crunchy granola vegan hairy underarmed hippy...nor do I ever plan to be, but that doesn't exclude me from the ability to be appreciative of how awesome our planet is.  I mean, I still don't plan on carpooling to work, nor do I intend to stop using paper plates, but there are little things that I can do to make sure my little corner of the earth stays pretty. 

In celebration of Earth Day, the items I am featuring today all share the underlying theme of either protecting or appreciating our pretty blue rock.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.




First up, this sweet ass "Dirigible Day" necklace by Recycedelic.  It makes me hum Decemberists songs in my head, and best of all, it is made from magazine clippings and a recycled sunglasses lens.  Ingenious!




Okay, this is brilliant.  Packaged to look like delicious chocolates, these Garden Bon Bons are actually a combination of seeds, compost, and clay.  Place each bon bon in a sunny spot and keep it wet until the seeds germinate.  By mid summer you will be enjoying your own home grown fresh herbs!





Speaking of home grown, this cool little pot making kit from Make Scents With Nature makes it easy peasy to make sweet little pots out of old newspapers to start your little seeds in.  They are biodegradable, so when it is time to plant, just did a hole and drop the whole thing in!





I love the simultaneously shabby and structured look of this graphic throw pillow from Brin & Nohl.  It is made from a repurposed coffee sack.  Mmmmm, I wonder if it still smells like coffee.





Okay, these are pretty much the cutest cookie cutters of all time. Can't you just imagine all of your little woodsy cookies all pretty and painted?  A fox, an acorn, a mushroom, a squirrel, a hedgehog and an awesome little gnome to rule them all!  Wee Waldorf's shop actually has all sorts of cute little woodsy items.  Definitely worth a peek.





Last but not leat are these beautiful, earthy AirPlant Pods from Mudpuppy.  Lovely!  They come in a glossy white as well, for a more modern decor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me stuff.