Friday, April 30, 2010

New Roomie!

0 Comments

As some of you may or may not know my cat and love of my life for 15 years passed away in November.  Since then it's been pretty lonely around the crib, but I just couldn't see myself "replacing" her with another cat.  Somehow it just felt wrong, like I would be cheating on her or something.  It's weird, I know, but that's how I felt.  Well, about a month ago I was doing some research on other potential pets and stumbled across an adoption program for ex-racing greyhounds.  Bingo!  The more research I did on these animals the more I was convinced that they were just perfect for me and my lifestyle (which is marginally sedentary and boring).  So I was all amped up and ready to take the plunge when something told me to flip through the condo association rules.  NOOOOOOOO! We have a 25 lb pet weight limit. Boooo.  25 lbs!  Seriously?  There is not a dog under 25 lbs that I haven't been tempted to dropkick, at least in passing.  Wellllll, I decided that this just wouldn't do, I had to find a way around this nonsense.  Well, Tuesday I met with the condo association board and presented the case for these awesome animals annnnnnddddd...... I was approved!  That's right!  They will allow me to adopt a greyhound!  It is going to be so awesome I can barely sleep!  In any case, I'm rambling, and not getting to my etsy stuff.  The point of this thesis is really only to inform you that my etsy search this week involved greyhounds.  I didn't expect to find too much but was very pleasantly surprised!  Take a peeksie!

Love this painting from Toadbriar's shop.  Artist Kim Pakhurst has some really great greyhound art and TONS of other pretty stuff as well.



I'm pretty sure I'll be needing this treat jar from Happy Hound somewhere down the road.  I love the idea of a canister especially for your pet



As far as i can tell, greyhound lovers like to wear their greys on their sleeves.  This pretty pin from The Creative Greyhound is a great way to let other's know who your heart belongs too. AND 10% of this shop's net profits are donated to greyhound rescue groups.  How can you beat that?



The Mod Dog has some pretty pretty Martingale collars.  They are sure to have something to fit your pup's personality!


Studio SRV  is home to some of the most beautiful, colorful pet portraits I have ever seen.  So lovely.

Well, that's it for this week.  I guess I was a day late again, but hey, better late than never (I might have to get that tattooed somewhere).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me stuff.