Monday, January 4, 2010

Well, I guess it's resolution time...

0 Comments

I know I'm a bit late, but working on my procrastination was not this year's resolution. Which is fine, because I work better under pressure. I think.

This year marks the first year that I have ever made a New Year's Resolution...EVER. Well, I mean besides the ones that you were forced to make in elementary school as a homework assignment but never really took very seriously.  This year's resolution is to make something (or at least begin work on something) every single day. My real problem here is discipline. I mean, I can daydream all day about what I want to get creative with when I get home from work, but when I walk through that door, and the couch calls to me in that pleading and romantic way, I find it difficult to really buckle down on the making stuff. NO MORE! This new decade will mark the beginning of a new era! An era of creativity, of brainstorming, and of earth shattering new ideas! Lofty I know, but I am confident in my own brilliance. I am also aware that historically this level of confidence often leads to the ultimate downfall of the protagonist. Luckily, I am also confident that as per usual, I will be the exception to that literary rule. Gird your loins America! It's about to get crazy all up in this piece!

Also, some pretty calendars for the new year!


This calendar by girl*in*gear studio is super extra awesome
because it is printed on seeded paper. That means you can
plant it when you are done with it, and beautiful flowers will
pop up in its place!



Yee-Haw Industries makes this sweet ass wall calendar.
When the year is out you are left with a beautiful letterpress
print on recycled card stock, just right for framing!


Pretty, pretty, pretty! These colors are so rich and vibrant
it makes me want to lick them! Kokeshi Darling 2010 Calendar
from Stephanie Fizer.


I adore the original textiles over at Cicada Studio.
This loverly Tea Towel Wall Calendar is no exception!



I want to snuggle with each month of JooJoo's Giclee Calendar.
Giclee prints are archival, so the little characters can be framed
and enjoyed long after 2010 is but a distant memory.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me stuff.