Thursday, January 21, 2010

Heart attacks and holla backs

5 Comments

Okay, I've been slacking on the whole blogging thing...I know, and believe me, I feel awful. I mean, I am pretty sure that my two followers have been losing sleep wondering if I am okay. I'M OKAY GUYS! I've just been busy.  I am knee deep in the process of re-doing my downstairs bathroom.  It is a mess, and I'm not even doing hard stuff...just time consuming. I will post before and afters someday, when I get my life together and finally finish it up.  In any case, enough with the excuses.

I took some time out of my oh-so-busy schedule on Tuesday night to go out to eat with my little bro. Pretty much he is the awesomest brother ever, but I never get to see him...even though he lives one street over from me. He works for a boys' home so he has this crazy schedule that usually involves nights, so we are never around at the same time. Anyway, I digress. In the process of trying to decide on a restaurant my little bro informs me that he has begun the Atkins diet. I worry about Atkins as a lifestyle change because something just doesn't seem right about it, but as a short term weight loss plan I am all for it if it works for you. My brother used to use this method to make weight during his high school wrestling days, so I know that it works for him, and I am so proud of him for taking the initiative to cut a couple of extra pounds in an effort to prepare for his life long dream of becoming a cop.

So, obviously, the thought of cops and the Atkins diet got me to thinking about meat.  I am not super into meat, I mean, I don't hate it or anything, but I get cravings for it less frequently than say...cheese, or bread, or chocolate. I would probably be the worst Atkins dieter of all time. But meat sure is pretty. All those swirls of red and pink and cream. I mean, aesthetically meat sure is a great thing.  Just seeing it makes me want to slap it...and then wash my hands vigorously.

So, I got to thinking...I can't be the only one who thinks meat is pretty. Let's see if anyone on etsy feels the same way. Then I discovered something that hadn't even occurred to me. Meat can be hilarious too! Please enjoy my meaty etsy selections for your viewing pleasure...


I love this simple little embroidered meat trio
They would look so sweet hanging in a row next to the stove.



Ummm, hello!  This is a plush toy! 
That means STUFFED ANIMAL people! Post mortem of course.
 Find it and many others in Sweet Meats' wonderful etsy shop.


The Dainty Squid has got a plethora of brilliant pouches.  But this one is super meaty!



Mmmmm, bacon underwear. I wish it was scratch and sniff.



LOVE this beautiful line drawing by Tommy Kane.
He is a super talented drawler.



These funny little meat heads slay me.
AND they are finger puppets!Doesn't get much awesomer.



Bacon Fish.  If I were Catholic, I might not mind Fridays so much.
According to the artist: "This is the fish that bacon would
come from, if bacon came from fish." 
Here fishy fishy fishy. From Hamburgerpanda.



This recycled piggy bank is so brilliant to me.
If you follow the link, the rearview is pretty stellar as well.




Last but not least Mike Geno's beautiful meat paintings are
absolutely mouth-watering,and yet somehow make
 me giggle at the same time.


Hope you enjoyed Meaty Thursday.  I know I did.  Holla back.
 

5 comments:

Yason January 21, 2010 at 12:40 PM

OMG glad you are okay. I thought you had been abducted. Be careful with electricity in your downstairs bathroom. I had some suggestions on that specific situation, but... ;-)

Shawnda........ January 21, 2010 at 1:01 PM

After reading your blog....My lunch of Lean Cuisine just seems so unfullfilling. I think this evening I will have to partake in steak!

clancyslover January 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM

artist victoria reynolds does wonderful paintings of meat: http://clancyslover.com/2009/02/14/victoria-reynolds/

and thanks again for featuring 'pork chops' on your blog!

food-ie mike January 22, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Wow, Im really impressed with the finds. As a pilgrim of meat/bacon I thought I found it all. Some of these are completely original! Bravo.

Kirsten January 24, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Thanks Mike! I am truly humbled by such a complement from one who worships at the altar of meat.

Post a Comment

Tell me stuff.