Friday, February 12, 2010

There's always something to do!

0 Comments

(I like his undies)

Well, it's Friday, and there is another weekend of wintery precipitation on the horizon.  Blech.  At this point, the novelty of snow in Hampton Roads has worn off for me.  I am ready for Spring and the weather it brings.  No more wind whipping around my windows at night, no more bundling up my face to slosh through the parking lot to my car, no more driving 25 mph in a 45 because everyone in front of me is scared of black ice. I AM READY FOR SUNSHINE!!! Which, incidentally, was my first word as a baby. That's right, I skipped right over all the traditional  monosyllabic first words right into the precocious realm of two syllables.  But I digress.

My original point (if you could call it that) was that the potential for being trapped inside my house with nothing to do for another weekend is nauseating. For those of you with children, I am sure the idea is even more daunting. Fear not!  There is hope! If you have a computer and a printer, some scissors and some tape (or glue) you have a recipe for hours of entertainment. Readymech is an awesome website that I stumbled across several years ago and only just remembered about RIGHT NOW! It is filled with papercraft patterns for you and the kiddies (not to be confused with kitties as they do not have opposable thumbs and would not be of much assistance) to print, cut, and assemble. Enjoy!

Here is what the patterns look like, but visit the site for a full sized pdf.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me stuff.